Fair Winds provides families with the knowledge and understanding they need to make the right decisions at the right time by placing the needs of the pet first. Pet hospice is comfort care in lieu of a cure for chronic and terminal diseases that cause pain and suffering in our companions.
“Acceptance doesn’t mean resignation, it means understanding that something is what it is and that there’s got to be a way through it.”
– Michael J. Fox
Fair Winds offers advanced methods of comfort care when your pet is nearing the end of their life. The goal is to improve or maintain your pet’s quality of life until a natural death occurs or a humane euthanasia is chosen. All efforts are towards caring, not curing. We aim to reduce total pain and minimize suffering to give you the time you need to make the right decision at the right time for your companion.
The benefits of having your pet enrolled as an outpatient in our pet hospice program include:
- The Focus on Quality of Life improvement
- Minimization of physical and mental pain and suffering
- Symptom management, hydration, hygiene
- Heightened monitoring plan
- Communication channel with extended availability for families
- Assistance with a plan for emergencies
- Creation of a home crisis kit
- Peace of mind and comfort for your and your pet
Common diseases and/or conditions we typically provide symptomatic therapy for in pet hospice:
- Mobility challenges (neurological/orthopedic)
- Neurologic (cognitive dysfunction, seizure disorders, neuropathies)
- Organ failure (kidneys, heart, liver, lungs, brain)
- Inflammatory (IBD, cystitis, pancreatitis)
- Endocrine (Cushing’s, thyroid)
Common treatment methods to control symptoms of chronic disease include, but are not limited to oral and injectable medications, oral supplements, subcutaneous fluid therapy, and secondary pain management.
Below are all of the veterinary services we offer at Fair Winds Pet Hospice. If you have any questions regarding our services, please feel free to Contact us.